Our Commitment to Health & Safety
As always, our practice takes every precaution to keep patients and staff safe and healthy. While we have always adhered to and exceeded the standards for decontamination set by OSHA, we are going one step further and incorporating the latest CDC guidelines.
The Measures We Are Taking To Protect Our Patients
We ask you to keep the following in mind prior to and during your appointment:
- We have modified the way we schedule patient appointments to avoid crowd formation in the office and maintain social distancing. This includes limiting the number of patients in the office at one time and spacing out appointments for patients. We have also made all forms available online so that patients can complete them prior to visiting us for treatment.
- We ask that all persons accompanying patients remain in the car for the duration of the appointment. If you are accompanying a minor, we ask that family members return to the car once the procedure begins. Following treatment, discharge is completed and patients will leave through a separate exit to minimize the number of patients in our waiting room.
- We are screening all patients based on the CDC guidelines both prior and during their visit at our office for signs and symptoms, contact with others, and checking for vital signs including temperature upon arrival.
- Our reception room is large and exceeds social distancing requirements to keep our patients safe. Patient will be seated in separate consultation room or surgical suites with minimal interactions with other patients.
- We have multiple disinfectant/hand sanitizing stations installed for patient use in our hallways and waiting room, and every consultation room and surgical suite has an individual hand washing station.
- We use hospital grade disinfectant to clean each of the consultation and surgery rooms after each patient. The reception and all surfaces frequently used will be disinfected throughout the day.
- To minimize the risk of airborne pathogens to our patients, employees, and community by using the most up to date evidence and most rigorous standards available to guide our protocols and safety measures. We are utilizing high performance HEPA filter air purifiers placed for improved air quality and we will be installing hospital grade air decontamination systems in surgical suites.
How We Are Protecting the Safety of Our Staff & Doctors
We are taking additional steps toward ensuring the safety of our staff.
- We are screening staff daily for symptoms of illness and for possible contacts before they enter our office and interact with any patients.
- Team members are outfitted with full protections, including surgical attire and appropriate surgical respirators to maintain the highly level of infection control.
- We have adjusted our workflow to minimize the direct interactions our patients have with individual staff members. This will ensure optimal social distancing and still maintain high level of care delivered.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO PATIENTS: If you or someone in your household have a fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms, please stay at home and don’t come to the practice. Your doctor may request an online video consultation if you are displaying symptoms.
At Greater Ventura Oral & Facial Surgery, we appreciate the ongoing support from our patients, referring providers, families, and friends. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while these measures are put into effect.
For questions or clarification about these measures, please contact us at 805-648-5121.