Should I get a Facelift?
A facelift-necklift helps improve the most visible signs of aging through removal and redistributing excess fatty deposits, tightening underlying muscles and removing sagging skin. The result is a more youthful and healthier appearance of the skin in the face and neck as well as an improved jaw line and neck and chin angle.
Who is a Candidate?
- If you have lower cheeks and jaw line are starting to sag or droop down.
- If you like a sharper and better defined jaw line.
- If you are noticing wrinkling, sagging, or fatty development in your neck.
Procedure and Recovery:
- Face Lifts are usually performed in an outpatient surgical facility or in the hospital.
- They may be performed under local anesthesia, sedation, or general anesthesia.
- The surgeon usually makes incisions in front and behind the ear to help hide the incisions. They are removed within two weeks.
- After surgery, an elastic dressing is placed around the face and neck and is worn for approximately one week.
- Bruising and swelling are normal and may take several weeks to resolve.
- Stiffness in the neck and some soreness with swallowing and eating is common.
- Drains, if used are usually removed 1-3 days after the procedure.
- Make-up can be applied over the skin immediately but not over the incisions for 2-3 weeks.