What is a Browlift
Eyebrow lift, or forehead lift, procedure is done to elevate and improve eyebrow position, reduced appearance of wrinkles in the forehead, reduced appearance of wrinkles between the eyebrows, achieve a better esthetic result in the areas around the eye and forehead.
Who is a Candidate for a Browlift?
- If you have a low eyebrow position or asymmetry.
- If you have excessive, sagging or wrinkled upper eyelid skin.
- If you have excess upper eyelid skin that interferes with vision.
- If you have puffy pouches of fat in the upper eyelids that create a tired or aged appearance.
- If you have excess forehead wrinkles.
Browlift Procedure and Healing
- Incisions may be made above the eyebrows in a skin fold, in front of the hairline, in the hair line or endoscopically (minimal incision).
- The procedure is usually performed as an outpatient under IV sedation or general anesthesia.
- The procedure is often combined with blepharoplasty procedure for a more esthetic outcome.
- All sutures are usually removed within 7 -10 days.
- Initial discomfort is usually mild and controlled with oral medication.
- Bruising and swelling usually subsides within 1-2 weeks.
- There is usually some numbness (usually temporary) due to stretching in the region of the forehead.