Five Key Benefits of Dental Implants
By Dr. Hessam Siavash
A great smile is one of the strongest physical attributes a person can have. Flashing those pearly whites is seen as a sign of a warm personality and can instantly attract others and put them at ease. A healthy smile builds confidence and is an important factor in retaining good overall health.
As we age, tooth deterioration often becomes more and more common. If this is the case for you, you’re not alone: many adults have lost some or all of their teeth to a variety of causes, including tooth decay, gum disease or accidents. Dental implants are the trusted way to experience life with intact teeth again. You’ll find that the doctors at Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery of San Buenaventura can help you on the journey to recoup that beautiful smile that’s so much a part of who you are.
Implants are not the only way to replace missing teeth; bridges and dentures are other alternatives. However, we find that there are significant benefits to dental implants, including:
1) Durability: Dental implants, if cared for properly, can often last a lifetime. Of course, good oral hygiene and regular dental visits are important.
2) Appearance: The only person who will know about your decision to have dental implants is you. Implants are made to look and feel just like your natural teeth.
3) Improved Self-Image: Dental implants help restore a youthful appearance, building self-esteem and confidence.
4) Improved Oral Health: Unlike tooth-supported bridges, dental implants don’t involve any anchoring to your surrounding teeth. Dental Implants help preserve bone health and maintain your oral health.
5) Convenience: With dental implants, you don’t have to worry that your teeth will slip out of position as the framework is permanent. In addition, you won’t have to deal with any messy glue that helps hold removable dentures in place.
For more information on the benefits of dental implants and how you can take the first step towards achieving your new smile, contact us at Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery of San Buenaventura at your earliest convenience.
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons Dr. Zarrinkelk and Dr. Siavash have expertise ranging from the routine such as dental implant surgery and wisdom tooth removal to the complex such as corrective jaw surgery, repair of traumatic injuries and tumor surgery.
Our Ventura office is located at 5200 Telegraph Road, Suite B, Ventura CA 93003, and our Ojai office is located at 1202 Maricopa Highway, Suite D, Ojai, CA 93023.
Comments are closed.