Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery of San Buenaventura CA
The inside of the mouth is normally lined mucosa, which is a special type of skin that should appear smooth in texture and pink in color. Any alteration in this appearance could be a sign for a pathological process. The most serious of these change, which may not be painful, is oral cancer. The following can be signs at the beginning of a pathologic process:
- White patches or red patches in the mouth
- A non-healing sore or ulcer
- A lump or swelling in your mouth
- An obstructed salivary duct leading to bluish swelling on the lips or under the tongue
- Difficulty in chewing or swallowing
- Jaw pain or other facial and oral pain
We recommend having an oral cancer screening or self-examination monthly. Do not ignore suspicious lumps or sores. If you are experiencing any pain or changes to your oral tissues that cause you concern, we encourage you to contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Ready to schedule an appointment? Call us today!