Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery of San Buenaventura CA
Facial liposuction is a very common procedure designed for the permanent removal of fatty tissue from your cheeks, chin, and neck. It is an elective procedure that allows the surgeon to remove undesirable, subcutaneous fat in specific areas that do not respond to diet and exercise.
Who is a Candidate?
- If you have excess or undesirable fatty tissue around chin, cheeks or neck areas.
Procedure and Recovery
- Surgery is performed under general anesthesia on an outpatient basis in a hospital or a surgical center.
- Small discreet incisions in the face or neck are used to insert a cannula attached to a suction machine.
- The procedure may take an hour or more to remove the desired amount of fat.
- Following liposuction, you may experience numbness, burning, tingling around the incision site. These symptoms are almost always temporary.
- Incisions usually heal with minimal scaring.
Ready to schedule an appointment? Call us today!