Skip to main content
- The first week after Skin Resurfacing can be challenging in terms of care. You may experience swelling, redness, and sunburn sensation for the first week.
- Always wash hands prior to touching your face to prevent infections. Your skin should always be moist with Vaseline after surgery.
- You may use cold packs for discomfort and swelling during the first 2 days.
- Your face may become red for up to one week, then fade to pink, then over the next several weeks will normalize. Some individual skin types may take longer for this progression.
- Skin redness can be covered with new makeup as soon as the skin heals.